FAMILY ROOM SPRUCING TIPS
It doesn’t matter if you are doing a complete remodel, or are looking to switch up a few things, having a well done living room can make you feel happy and make the abode look more like home. In case you have no idea on where to start, here are a couple of tips.
- Paint the brick- One way to change up is to paint over an old brick fireplace, or even wood paneling with a new hue. However, do not stray too far from the rest of the house’s color pallet.
- Get a bunch of throw pillows- Having these spread out on the sofa and any other sitting area will bring in an aspect of warmth and also make the living room appear more colorful.
- Keep it laid back- Have a classic sofa and make it the centerpiece. From here arrange everything else around it. If you are looking for a relaxed look, then bring in pale wooden fixtures and simple cushions and rugs.
- Comfortable furniture- It doesn’t matter if your style is more laid back or luxurious, a good addition to your living room has to be comfortable sitting spots. Sofas can be both cozy and sophisticated.
- Get a mirror- If your living room is small and you are looking for ways to make it look bigger, then consider having a full length mirror placed on one side. This works for any type of interior decorating style, from mid-century to Scandinavian.
- Rugs- For individuals who are looking for a way to add a pop of color into their living room, or are wondering what pieces to add in to draw attention, then a rug might just be the perfect thing.
- Go for a bold wallpaper- There are so many different types and colors of wallpaper out there and so you are guaranteed to get one that will stand out for you. The good thing about this as well is that wallpaper is easy to change, so one can switch it up whenever they feel like.
- Statement pieces- Designing your living room can be as simple as adding a few statement objects. These could be anything from a huge chandelier to a breathtaking painting.
- Make the place look light- This can be done by painting the walls white, having large windows to let the natural light in, or putting in sheer curtains.
FAMILY ROOM INTERIOR IDEAS
Whatever your personal design style and preferred look is, there are plenty of ways to decorate your living room. In case you need further assistance, get in touch with us.