INGENIOUS HALLWAY DÉCOR TIPS
A lot of us rarely pay attention to the hallways when it comes to decorating our abodes. The good thing about this is that these spaces do not require much as a few smart pieces placed here and there could make all the difference. Here are some of the ways we would recommend to spruce up your hallway.
- Add in bookshelves- Get narrow ones and line them up along the walls. This is especially great for houses with wide hallways because the shelves won’t get in the way. Apart from being a great addition in terms of style, they can also function as storage spaces.
- Get light colored wallpaper- These spots usually do not get enough natural lighting. To combat this, one can install wallpapers of bright hues so that they can make the place appear bigger and cozier.
- Put in some art- One can choose to either have them placed from top to bottom or come up with a beautiful collage.
- Distinctive light fittings- You may not want to add in anything new due to the limited amount of storage, so why not try lighting the hallway differently? Bring in lanterns, glass globes, or any other unique piece of lighting that will stand out.
- Get a tassel rug- It could be a bright or neutral colored one depending on the style of the house. Apart from being a unique feature, it also adds an aspect of warmth.
- Add in mirrors and candles- For a feminine touch, you could decide to put in a long mirror along the hallway and place a few candles. Or you could put in a few small elegant mirrors along the wall to make it stand out even more.
- Use it as storage space- This does not mean piling up boxes in the hallway as this might be unsightly, but consider placing peg rails along the walls which can then be used to hang coats, bags and hats.
With these tips, you should be well on your way to having a beautiful hallway space. However, if you are in need of more ideas, get in touch with us.