ASSEMBLING A DECOR COLLAGE
Mood boards serve as a superb idea to begin the decoration process because it assistsone to get inspiration and ideas. Also, for designers, it is advisable to be able to visually represent an idea to their clients so that they can have aclue of how their spaces will look like. It might sound like a lot of work looking for inspirations and pictures and putting them together, but it is actually quite easy if you follow these steps:
- Understand the needs and demands of the project- Know what sort of look you are aiming to achieve, then it can be easier for you to pick out ideas and images that correspond to that.
- Construct the mood board- A physical one is always better than an online one because apart from sticking only photos on it, you can also have fabrics and textures so that you can touch the actual things you are thinking of using. This can be made from a foam board, or any other material that is easy to pin things on.
- Get pics of the inspirations-One can cut pieces from magazines, or even print them from online searches and then stick them on the mood board.
- Collect samples- You already have an idea of the materials you want to use, so get samples of them and place them on there as well. These could be anything from fabric swatches to tile samples and paint chips.
- Be orderly- Mood boars do not necessarily have to be perfect, but it is good to have a proper arrangement of the items that are there so that you can be able to have a clue on how all those ideas will look and how they will flow together to create something that is beautiful and seamless.
These quick and easy steps should help you be on your way to creating a beautiful mood board. If you need further assistance, do reach out to our team.