BASICS OF CONTEMPORARY DÉCOR
When it comes to sprucing your abode, if you are drawn to styles that are modern and want to keep up with the latest trends, then your design is most probably contemporary. What makes this design popular is the fact that is it ever evolving, unlike the other looks which have set ideas. Contemporary goes for more curved lines, neutral colors and also brings in minimalistic ideas. Here are some basic rules of this design.
- Color- For the color pallet, neutrals, black and white are the ones that are the go to. With these shades as backdrops, one can then go ahead and turn it up a notch by bringing in bold pops of color to add a bit of flair.
- Open plan concept- Contemporary design looks for ways to make a room feel spacious and airy and one of the ways is by going for open plans especially when it comes to the kitchen merging with the dining room.
- Bring in light- Focus mostly on natural light by having lots of windows and open spaces. If that is not enough, think of bringing on cute lamps that will fit in with the furniture and curvy lines.
- Furniture- The notion that “less is more” applies here as well. This implies that even if the fixtures and fittings you pick out are eye catching, they shouldn’t be too much. Think of going for items that are made of natural materials.
- Floors- Go for bare and smooth ones that are made of wood, tile or vinyl. To add in a feeling of warmth, get a carpet that is a plain hue or has a geometric print.
Contemporary design has basically taken the best pieces of different styles and found a way to use them while still keeping up with the current changes in the world of design and beyond. It could be a challenge figuring out which look is the best for you, but with the help of our expert decorators, it will be a walk in the park.