MINIMALIST STYLING IDEAS
Best Tips for Creating Stunning Minimalist Interior Design – Decorill.org
We all know the saying that “less is more”. This can also be said when it comes to some areas of interior design. No one wants to live in a cluttered house that has little to no organization, and has no appeal. This is where minimalist styles come in, giving you a beautiful space with less items and more comfort. Here are a couple of ideas that can help you create such a look in your abode.
- Walls- When it comes to the walls, keep away from textured plaster. A matt finish is better as it is not too shiny. Also, go for large pictures instead of smaller ones as this might make the wall look cluttered.
- Declutter- Go through the items in your house and put the ones you do not need or use aside. If they are in good condition, consider having them donated, or sell them. Whatever is still left behind can be tossed away.
- Get more functional furniture- One could have a bulky coffee table that is taking up too much space. Switch it up for a smaller one. Remove unused pieces of furniture from the rooms as well. There is no point in having a chair that no one sits on.
- Use a simple color scheme- Having too many colors in the space can make it look chaotic, especially if it is small. Choose a few primary colors for the walls, curtains and furnishings and stick to them.
- Have a focal point- This can be anything from a rug, or a classy sofa. Make it the center of attention and then have the rest of the items arranged around it, creating a modern minimalist pattern.
- Put same items together- Having things of the same color or style placed together gives the room a tidy, ordered minimalistic design.