DOORM ROOM DÉCOR
This can be a tough undertaking, especially since there isn’t much space, but it can also turn out to be loads of fun. Since the space is used for both relaxing and studying, the type of designs used should be flexible for the two. Here are some ideas that you can use.
- Use pillows as extra seating- There is definitely no space to have sofas in the room, but if you are having some friends around, you can get pillows that can be placed on the floor for them to sit on, and then stored away when not in use.
- Get a raised bed- If the ceilings are high, consider getting a loft bed. This then creates additional space under it that one can use as storage space.
- Temporary wallpaper- A great way to decorate the place and make it look unique is to use wallpaper that can be peeled away once you move out of the dorm.
- Multipurpose pieces- As you are shopping for furniture, be sure to get pieces that can serve two uses. For example, you could go for a bed that can be folded into a sofa during the day, and opened back up at night.
- Light it up- Apart from the usual desk lamp, think of other ways to bring in light. One good option is fairy string lights that will also serve a decorative purpose.
- Rugs- Add in some warmth by getting a small rug for the room. This can be placed close to the bed so that you don’t have to step on the cold floor when you get up.
- Wall Art- Look for beautiful pieces that will reflect your personality. Pick light pieces so that they are easy to remove once the school year is over.
- Don’t be afraid to accessorize with bold colors- Add a bit of life into the space by having splashes of color here and there. This can be through patterned pillows or colorful curtains.
Decorating a dorm room can be fun, once you figure out how to work with the small space. However, if you need further assistance our design team is here to help.