ENTRYWAY DÉCOR TIPS
This is obviously the first thing that anyone getting into the house will see, and we therefore want it to look its best. Nonetheless, whenever you hear the word entryway, your mind pictures all the things that you remove on the way in from shoes, to coats, mail and even umbrellas. This does not have to be the case when it comes to your abode, and for this reason, here are some amazing tips to turn your entryway from clutter galore to welcome home heaven.
- Go for something plain and simple- Just because you want it to look attractive, doesn’t mean that you should go overboard with the decorations. Adding in an antique stool or a small table with flowers can mean all the difference.
- Get a new mat- It doesn’t have to be placed outside the door, but you can get a beautiful classic rug and lay it down right at the entrance, so it is the first thing people notice when you open the door.
- Put in a unique bench- As per your unique style and tastes, look for a bench or a set of chairs to place at the entryway. Apart from being a decorative piece, this is also functional as it can be a place to sit as you remove or put on your shoes.
- Look for something that catches the eye- This can be anything from a beautiful chandelier to a bright and interesting wallpaper. Because it is not such a big space, you can play around with your imagination without worrying about it looking overwhelming.
- Make the floor look interesting- Don’t just keep the same color of floor or tiles as the rest of the house. Bring in a little style by using some graphic tiles or ones with interesting patterns.
- Lighting- If one is looking to impress, then a chandelier will work perfectly. However, you can also use simple table or floor lamps to bring out a specially lit atmosphere.
- Place a console- Apart from being a decorative piece, a small table or console will also work as a storage space.
- Place a mirror- For a quick look at your full outfit on the way out, and also to open up the area and bring in additional natural light, a mirror in the entryway is the best addition.
- Personalize it- This could be with anything from a collage of family photos, to a favorite painting hand on the wall. If you do not want your pictures on display, a few comfortable cushions on the bench can also make the place feel welcoming and personal.
- Pop of color- If the entryway is small in size, then you can play around with bright pops of color. Don’t be worried about it being too bright as the space is small and so the color won’t be too much.
In case you find yourself in need for further interior design assistance, don not hesitate to get in touch with our team.