FIVE DECORATING IDEAS FOR SMALL SPACES
For most people, downsizing and living in a small house or apartment can have lots of advantages, one of them being the fact that they are not so expensive. However, they can be a challenge when it comes to decorating as most people assume that they have to think more along the lines of functionality rather than design. One may be short of space, but that does not mean their space should not be stylish. Here are five tips on how you can work around the space and make it both functional and beautiful
- Think of getting multi-purpose furniture- Since the space is small, every inch matters, and one of the ways to make the most of it is to get fixtures that can serve more than one purpose. One can get a bed that can be folded into a sofa or a dining table that comes with a built in leaf, which will come in handy when there are guests over.
- Use natural light- Leaving dark corners can make the place look smaller than it already is. Invest in window shades that let in plenty of light, or sheer fabrics that will also look beautiful when they are pulled up to the top.
- Paint the walls white- Since white naturally reflects all colors; it will trick the eye into seeing the space in a more extended way. Painting the walls and ceilings white will disguise the actual edges of the place, therefore making it feel bigger.
- Look for unused space-There are things and spaces in the house that can be used as storage areas. For example, some dishes can be stored in the oven when it is not being used, and linens can be put in a container under the bed.
- Use dividers- These come in very many designs, and can be semi-transparent or completely opaque if you want a little bit of privacy. They are highly recommended for small homes and open-plan areas as they can also be switched around easily.
With the above ideas, one should be in a good position to decorate their small abode. However, should you have further inquiries, fell free to get in touch with us.