FIVE TIPS ON RESTROOM RENOVATION ON A BUDGET
When you think of all the little pieces that are in the restroom, a remodel that won’t cost an arm and a leg could seem farfetched. Even though it is plenty of work and doesn’t come as cheap, there are lots of ways to get the perfect looking bathroom while not spending too much. Here are a couple of ideas on how to.
- Use similar, cheaper alternatives- When deciding the materials to use, if there is a way to keep what is already there, then do that. But if for some reason new materials have to be put in, then think of inexpensive ones that look the same. A good example is that instead of using real wood for the floors, one can get luxury vinyl.
- D.I.Y- Another great way of cutting costs is finding things that one can fix themselves and handling them. With the internet and YouTube, you can easily find videos or guidelines that take you step by step. By doing this, you will be left with some money to pay for the refurbishes that you cannot handle on your own. However, make sure that you only stick to the things that are safe. If you don’t know much about electrical work for example, it’s best if you let a professional take care of that.
- Come up with a plan- Think of all the things you need done and decide on a design. Once you have done that, get the help of an expert interior decorator. At first this may sound like a costly addition to the budget, but it could save you from needless spending as well. This is because the professional will go over the design, budget and plan and guide you in the right direction.
- Do not use too much tiling- Using tiles can be costly, especially considering the fact that one will need to get a contractor to lay them out. A good way to save your coins is to have them placed only on high-impact spots like the floors, instead of the floor and the walls.
- Play with paint- If you are working with a restricted cash flow, then painting the bathroom a different hue might bring about all the change you need. However, one thing to note is that the paint should be of high quality, and have a satin finish. This is because the room is prone to mold growth due to the fact that it’s almost always wet.
RESTROOM RENOVATION ON A BUDGET
There you have it! With these 5 tips, you should be well on your way to making that remodeling work without having to break the bank. For further inquiries, feel free to get in touch with our team.