HOME DÉCOR STYLES
If you are thinking of sprucingup the house and have no idea where to start, our able team is here to help you out. We have complied a list of some home décor styles that you can use as a guide.
- Bohemian- Just like the lifestyle, this type of décor is usually carefree and adventurous in style. There’s lots of vibrant colors and patterns, especially those with red or purple tones. Additionally, vintage furniture and light fixtures are also a characteristic, together with globally inspired pieces, mostly found from flea markets.
- Nautical- This is also known as coastal or cottage décor and comes across as warm and relaxing, reflecting a beach house vibe. When it comes to color, nautical looks go for white or any sand colored foundation, with a touch of blue as the accent color. Nautical also incorporates natural materials, lots of glass and breezy white draperies.
- Vintage- Old- fashioned comes to mind when you hear of this style, but there are ways to incorporate it that won’t make you feel like you are living in Grandma’s house. Adding in a few vintage pieces, and avoiding too much untidiness can change your home and make it look retro and attractive.
- Electic- This look is all about styles that are high- energy such as bold hues, textures and patterns. This type of décor lets you to break the rules and show off your personality while still coming up with something that is cohesive.
- Rustic- Such interiors are usually made up of mostly unfinished elements that are made of wood or stone that get their inspiration from the natural world.
- Shabby Chic- Even though this is seen as vintage inspired, it is more feminine and delicate. Here, furnishings are distresses, or made to appear so, with white, cream and pastels as the color pallets.
- French country- This is a mix of shabby chic, antique French and farmhouse interior décor to come up with something that looks cool and grown up. It is also characterized by warm colors such as hues of red, yellow or gold, and the use of materials like stone and brick.
There are plenty of styles, so you can be sure of getting one that suits you. If you need more help, get in touch with our team.