HOME WORKPLACE DÉCOR TIPS
Work can be draining whether one is doing it from an office or the comfort of their abode. Nonetheless, there are lots of methods that one can use to spruce up their house workplace to make it look better and inspire them to keep performing. Here are some tips from our team of designers.
- Minimalism- It’s important to have a clear workspace, so the desk should not bemessy and havemodest and practical furniture. On top of that, have a neutral color pallet as flashy hues might be distracting.
- Use partitions- Your home might not be big enough to have an extra room to be used as an office. The best way to deal with this is to bring in a partition wall. This can be set up at one side of the living room, providing a space to work from. Nevertheless, if you do not want to cut it off from the rest or the area, you could opt for a low partition.
- Show off your style- You don’t have to keep the area looking dismal and too professional. Since it is in your own residence, use this space and decorate it with things that bring out your style. It could be anything as small as a patterned rug, or a sentimental piece.
- Get a sliding wall- This is a great way to have the space separated from the rest of the house when you want it, or open.
- Install open shelves- One way to help the room look feel and creative is to add in open shelves. This will also help you keep your books and documents organized as they will be on full display.
- Use the available space- You could want to have a space to work from home, but there are no extra rooms or additional space. No worries! One design hack is to put up a set of wall shelves, make the lower one wide enough to place a few things on and also high enough for your legs to fit under. Bring in a comfortable chair and there is a work space for you.
- Make use of natural light- Have the desk placed in the part of the room that receives the most natural light. This will help you stay awake and concentrate more. However, check that the windows won’t reflect on the computer screen as this may affect your eyes.
If you are in need of more inspiration, reach out to one of our expert interior designers.