HOW TO BRING IN THE OUTDOORS
The outdoors can be an extremely relaxing place to be in, and since we spend most of our time in our homes, we want them to feel at ease there as well. One of the easiest way to achieve this is to bring the outdoors indoors. Sounds complicated? The good news is that it is actually as simple as adding in some pieces of natural décor into your abode, and this is how.
- Go for natural elements- When it comes to choosing which materials to work with, think of the ones that fit into your preferred look. You could be drawn to having rugged natural rock walls, while someone else might prefer smooth dark mahogany for the floors. Whatever suits you best, pick the natural elements that go with that.
- Bring in natural light- One of the cheapest way to incorporate natural elements into the design of your home is to add some natural lighting. His is quite easy to do and it makes the other pieces in the room stand out. Apart from that, it also makes the space feel more free and airy.
- Play with color- Most interior designers will advise you to paint white or ivory, as they are the two colors that are common with natural décor. To avoid it looking too plain, one can add in a pop of color here and there, which will make the white background pop even more.
- Use brick- This could be as a backdrop, or as something in the main theme. One can either leave it as it is in its natural state, or paint over it a little.
- Get wooden finishes- The easiest thing to use to make the space feel closer to nature is wood. Apart from being durable, it is also very warm, and since it comes in a number of finishes, you will have lots of designs to pick from.
- Plants- The best way to bring the outdoors in has to be by adding plants. Get succulents, as they are low maintenance and you can put in pots. Apart from the aesthetic value they add, plants also help to clean the air and make the abode smell fresh.
- Use wallpaper- Get one that is of a beautiful landscape that runs from the floor to the ceiling and makes you feel calm while looking at it. So that it is not too overwhelming, have it installed on one or two walls.
BRING IN THE OUTDOORS
These are just but a few tricks and tips, there is a lot more you can do to incorporate natural décor. Get in touch with us for more help.