HOW TO COME UP WITH SCANDINAVIAN DESIGN
Some people choose to have Scandinavian inspired abodes due to the fact that they are simple, beautiful, and have a style that leans more towards warmth, clean lines and elegance. In case you are wondering how to add this style into your space as well, here are some quick tips and tricks on how to go about it.
- Pay attention to lighting- Because this part of the world experiences long and dark winter months, they incorporate a lot of ways to enhance the light indoors. With this in mind, think of using hanging lamps, candles or even wall scones.
- Flooring- When it comes to the floors, do not go for wall to wall carpets. Instead, pick wooden ones that can be left in their natural hue or painted white to make them brighter. This makes the place look not only bigger, but also brighter.
- Go for natural materials- A different mix of woods, leather, wicker, brass and copper are favorable for this design. However, remember to keep them light in color as we do not want the rooms looking dull.
- Do not overdo it with accessories- One might be tempted to fill the place with lots of accessories. This only makes the place appear overdone, which is the opposite of the minimalistic Scandinavian design.
- Have open shelves- This is a way used by the natives to show off their personal styles. With these curated open shelves, one can place anything from books, to art and other decorative pieces.
- Keep it clutter free- This is an important feature of this type of setting. As the motto is “less is more”, do away with unneeded items and make sure the storage spaces are neatly arranged.
- Incorporate different textiles- The more types you bring in the better. This could be anything from woolen throws, to linen pillows.
- Work with neutral hues-Whites, grays, blacks and browns are pretty popular with this interior look. However, one can still add in a few colors such as dusty pink and sea green to add to the brightness.
- Have corner fireplaces- Unlike the normal ones that are normally at the center of the room, Scandinavian décor favors for corner ones instead. A simple column will do as they don’t have to be too flashy.
- Go for functional fixtures- Furniture here usually has a modern look with clean lines and rounded edges. Additionally, they should be functional and use up the space properly.
SCANDINAVIAN DESIGN OPTIONS
With the above tips, you should be in a position to create a stunning interior. However, if you feel that a little extra help is needed, feel free to get in touch with our team.