HOW TO CREATE A GALLERY WALL
Gallery walls can be a nice addition to your home, be it as a way to show off those beautiful family pictures, or as a way to deal with a blank wall. Nonetheless, coming up with one that won’t end up looking cluttered or haphazard can be a tricky thing. Do not be worried though! For our team of expert designers have come up with a couple of tips that can make it easier.
- Have a color in mind- The hues you use end up being a big part of the design, so the first thing to figure out is which color to work with. With that, one can now pick the ideas that can be brought together along those lines.
- Think of the structure- There are a lot of ways of coming up with a gallery wall, all of them ranging from extremely structured to varied ones. For individuals who are more minimalistic in style, then a design that is structured and has matching frames could be the go to. On the other hand, if you are more diverse, then go for different shapes and sizes.
- Lay it out- It might not be easy to immediately figure out how the idea will fall into place, so the advisable thing to do is to first lay the pieces of the gallery on the floor, beginning with the one that will be at the center. Move them around as well and try to get different looks. Once you are settled on one, then you can now hammer in the nails and hang the pictures.
- Create a theme- We all want our gallery walls to look appealing and put together. A theme is bound to help with this, as working with a central idea makes the entire look appear neater.
- Get the proper supplies- After figuring out all the above, the next thing to do is to gather the items you will need to put up the pictures. These can be things like craft paper, scissors, and adhesives. Now you are all set to get your gallery wall up.
With these tips, the task ahead should be made simpler. Nonetheless, if you still need more help, get in touch with us.