HOW TO MAXIMIZE A SMALL SPACE
It doesn’t matter if you have decided to downsize, or are staying in a small space, there are plenty of ways to make the most out of a tiny home, particularly when it comes to interior design. Even though it might look like a tricky endeavor, we have come up with a list of tips to help you out.
- Get a multi-purpose couch- Since there is little space to have too much furniture, one way to make use of what you have is to have a couch that can function as something else. This could be anything from one that also converts into a bed, or one that has hidden compartments that can be used for storage.
- Floor to ceiling shelves-Make the most of the vertical space by installing floor to ceiling shelves that have doors and several open spaces as well. This is a good way to create a place to put your items without the home looking cluttered.
- Have one statement piece- This is always better than filling up the place with lots of small items. Bringing in one catchy piece and let it be the centerpiece as several tiny ones will create visual clutter.
- Buy a small dining table- Small round ones can do the job just fine so do away with the bulky dining table. This helps to clear up more space and make the room look better.
- Use white paint-White walls tend to give the house a lighter and brighter feel as well as create the illusion that the place is bigger. On top of that, it will make the other accessories pop.
- Bring in a mirror- This can be placed on the wall as a part of the gallery, or on a space that is next to a window. What this does is that it will automatically make any room look larger and brighter.
- Go for pocket doors- The ones that come with glass windows are perfect since they will let the light keep flowing, while still being a separator. As opposed to traditional swinging ones, these ones slide back into the wall when they are not needed, thus creating some space.
- Flooring- If you are looking for a way to make the rooms in your small house feel bigger, then always go for wide plank floors. Short and narrow ones end up making the place look busy.
If you are looking for more tricks and tips, do not hesitate to reach out to us.