KITCHEN DÉCOR IDEAS
This one of the frequently used spaces in the home, and therefore you want it to look appealing and a place that you can have fun spending time in. Apart from bringing in appliances, how the space is designed is also important. It doesn’t matter if your style is more laid back and traditional, or modern and sleek, these tips will help you create a beautiful and functional kitchen.
- Get proper furniture- As much as you would want the place to look eye catching, it is important that function be at the top of that list when it comes to designing the kitchen. Have this in mind as you look for fixtures that will also suit your style and be within your budget.
- Bring in plants- A great way to add a little outdoors into this room is to have a mini plant space. This can be done by putting a shelf on the corner, or next to the window. To make it even more useful, why don’t you plant herbs that you will use when cooking.
- Store items up- Some homes have high ceilings, and so there ends up being some space between the shelves and the ceiling. This could also serve as a storage space for things that are not used regularly.
- Have a kitchen island- This works well in a big kitchen as it helps the place not look too empty and hollow. Have it put in the middle of the room where it can serve several purposes such as extra countertop for preparing meals and a sitting area as well for more intimate meals.
- Go for open shelves- This can only work if you are someone who loves organization, otherwise it will end up looking like clutter and that is not very attractive. These types of shelves can help you add a little personality to the room by placing things other than dishes such as beautiful pieces of art or framed pictures.
- Declutter- There is probably no need for you to have sets and sets of dishes. Try giving some away or selling to get rid of clutter. You’ll be shocked how much more space you end up having just by doing this.
- Open plan kitchens- Some people prefer having a kitchen that is open to the living room, but the trick comes in on how to make it look seamless. A few ideas on how to go about this is to think of pieces and materials that will flow and bring harmony to both rooms.
There is a lot more that goes into decorating the cooking area. Get in touch with our team of professional decorators for further assistance.