LANDSCAPE TIPS FOR MAKING A BEAUTIFUL GARDEN
It doesn’t matter if you are a pro landscaper or a newbie, decorating your garden can take up a lot of time and energy. The good thing is that there are lots of tips that one can use to make their work easier.
- Use weed fabric- This is usually placed under gravel or mulch walkways and helps to prevent the material from sinking into the soil. Nonetheless, do not place it all over as it will only work on a short term basis before the weeds begin to grow on the fabric.
- Make the walkways wide- At least two or three people should be able to walk through comfortably. Moreover, if the greenery that you have planted around is tall, then the path should be wide so that the space does not feel restricted.
- Bring in ornaments to add some character- If you find that the space is too small for the type of design you have in mind, this shouldn’t deter you from making it look good. A simple trick to use is to get garden ornaments that will help to add that oomph.
- Bring the indoors out- One great way to do this is by the use of lighting. You could have an outdoor fireplace, or even have lights placed in the stairs going into the pool to make it glow at night. Whatever you pick, lights can make the garden feel just as warm as the indoors.
- Create an edge- Most people go for plastic or metal edges, but to be more unique, make a natural one. To add in some color, you could decide to do this with different flowers.
- Pick a focal point- For landscape design, one can place a sculpture, a tree, or a series of shrubs as the center of everything. This will automatically catch people’s eye and draw them in to the rest of the landscape.
- Plant while thinking of growth- Be sure to give the plants enough room to grow. If you are going for a fuller look, then plan for which plants will be removed as they keep growing. Another option could be to have filler plants to bulk the place temporarily.
Still not sure how or where to star? Get in touch with our team of experts.