TIPS ON CREATING A RUSTIC LOUNGE
For individuals who want their home to feel like a countryside cottage, then rustic décor is the way to go. You might think that all there is to this is heavy, dark wood and thick lines, but there are so many ways to pull off this type of design. Here are a few tips that will help you get started.
- Plenty of seating – Rustic interiors bring about a sense of coziness, so why not share this with as many people as possible? Go for sweeping seats that will be enough to hold both your family and friends for a relaxing indoor day.
- DIY- This is a perfect way to bring out your creativity by coming up with your own rustic items. For example, getting your indoor walls made in such a way that they look like exposed rock might be expensive, so create your own look by getting wallpaper that looks like that instead.
- Bring in natural light-Look for ways to have as much natural light as possible. This could be by having a few ceiling to floor windows, or placing furniture in a way that does not block any source of natural light.
- Woodwork-It does not matter if it is in a simple or intense way, integrating wood into the design helps add to the rustic feeling, as it brings you closer to nature.
- Get creative- Searching for a coffee table? Why not use a vintage trunk as one instead. This will definitely stick out as anexceptionalpiece in your rustic living room.
- Change the furniture arrangement- Since the feel we are going for here is a cozy and close to nature one, think of facing the furniture towards the fireplace.
- Put in floating wood shelves- Apart from being super easy to make, they will also give you a lot of room to decorate. One can place potted plants on them, of fill them with family pictures and other pieces of rustic décor.
We hope these tips will come in handy. However, if you need a little more help, do not hesitate to reach out to our team of designers.