UNIQUE GALLERY WALL PIECES
Creating a displayspace can be the perfect way to spruce up an empty wall in your house, and while many people think of putting up family portraits or beautiful art pieces, there are other ways to create one. We have come up with a list of alternative ideas for thespace that will be unique and will also stand out.
- Old maps- Get a bunch of old maps of different sizes and have them framed. Add them to the wall and everyone who walks in will automatically think of how well travelled you are, even though you have never left the country.
- Kids drawings- Instead of having them stuckon the fridge, why don’t you use them for the gallery wall. Even though they may seem like just scribbles, it personalizes the space by adding an intimate and meaningful touch. The children will also feel good seeing their pieces put up.
- Typography- Sure there are some phrases that have been overdone and are almost in every space, but there are lots of sayings that one can frame and use on their gallery wall. For a more personalized touch, try hand writing them.
- Mirrors- These can be of different sizes and can be used on their own, or added into an already made gallery of other pictures.
- Framed ornaments-Think of small objects that could have a personal meaning, such as a locket that belonged to a loved family member, or an antique piece that you got at a flea market. Have them bordered and voila! You get a unique gallery wall.
- Empty frames- Art can be created from just about anything. Think of different sized, beautifully arranged frames that will definitely catch people’s eye as well as add in some texture to the space. For them to be even, think of having them painted the same color.
We hope you will try out some of these ideas in your homes. For more interior design help, give us a call.