UNUSUAL WALL COVERING IDEAS
For people who like to think outside the box, common walls may seem like a bore. There are ways to make your walls stand out, making your space as unique as possible. Listed below are some of the ideas you could incorporate.
- Paneling or stone texture- Texturizing a wall does not have to apply to the exterior of the house. One way to achieve this is by using wallpaper, but a more unique idea is to use actual stones or cladding. Stone veneers can also be used.
- Wood paneling- in the past, people used fake wood accents made of flimsy plastic, but in today’s decorating, real wood is used to make small panels that can be mounted on your walls in the design of your choice.
- Bamboo tiling- Bamboo is a naturally occurring plant, hence making this a sustainable idea. This will however only work in rooms that do not contain moisture. They thus cannot be installed in a bathroom. They will, however, look good in the living room.
- 3D surfaces- They are attractive and eye-catching. There are various designs and one can experiment with different shapes.
- Fabric walls- Such walls ooze luxury. The material chosen can be velvet, leather, felt, or whatever matches your upholstery. You can choose from a wide array of materials, choosing what best fits your style.
- Paper covers- Since any kind of paper can be used as a wall covering; there really is no shortage of ideas when it comes to paper. One can use magazine covers, world maps, book pages or even a good quality wrapping paper.
- Natural occurring material- Some of these materials include cork and birch bark. You can line your walls with them either fully or partially.
- Enlarged photographs- They can be very striking when they fill upa wall. Ensure they have a high resolution that can withstand the enlargement. Use a collage of photos that focus on your interests.
With these tips, the sky is the limit. Your walls can be anything you wish them to be in a unique way.